Comics You Can Dance To #20: Enter the TrashcanA column article, Comics You Can Dance To by: Danny Djeljosevic, Nathaniel MacDonald
Comics You Can Dance To is Comics Bulletin's official podcast!
Hosted by Nathaniel MacDonald and Danny Djeljosevic (that's me) and supported by various jokers and guests, Comics You Can Dance To is devoted to discussing cool comics, pop culture nonsense and hopefully introducing you to some awesome music along the way.
Things have been a bit tumultuous with CYCDT these days, what with a busy summer and Nate finally putting an end to his quest for employment, but a couple weeks ago we got together to record a quick ghostful episode where we shoot the shit about the various chunks of pop culture we've been enjoying these days -- television, games, comics, movies. The whole shebang. If us rambling about stuff we like is your favorite part of Comics You Can Dance To, then this should be your favorite episode.
Listen at the player thingie below, or click here to download.
Also! Don't forget to subscribe to us on iTunes! Leave us a review if you can, tell all your friends, etc.
Our special Halloween episode, Comics You Can Die To, featuring an interview with Gunshow creator KC Green!
And since this is an episode all about our pop culture talk it's time to remind you of:
Comics You Can Drink To
We invented a drinking came for the podcast! MAD PROPS to Niel Jacoby for coming up with the best possible name for it.
If you need to be drunk to listen to us (hey, I'm not judging), drink every time:
- Nate or Danny forgets the name of something
- Nate gets the name of something wrong
- Danny promises to lend Nate a copy of something Nate hasn't read
- There's an interminable lull, followed by awkward laughter
- Nate and Danny get distracted by something happening outside
- Someone refers to another podcast
- Danny cannot describe why he likes a comic
- Danny spells out his name in a singsong fashion
- Nate and/or Danny address Andrew Tan
- Nate says "Time for a song."
Finish your drink:
- Whenever Nate and Danny do the time paradox joke and bring attention to the fact that they record the podcast out of order
- If you were wondering what Sandman Slim is about, here you go.
- The cheap comic lettering font I refer to is the ZAP Pack from Comicraft.
- Since this podcast was recorded, I saw ParaNorman. It was fantastic.
- Check out Anna & Froga.
- You have no idea how much I cringed when I re-listened to this and heard Nate and I refer to Howard Chaykin as simply "Howard."
- I am going to be in San Francisco or APE, so say hi if you see me!
Oh, and here's what that Andrew WK Gundam covers album looks like:
And that Hawkeye sequence by Fraction and Aja I try to describe:
Here's the playlist for this episode!
As for the rest… click on the links to check out the artists and/or full versions of the songs.
- Young Galaxy - "Hang on to Yourself"
- Featured Song: Yamantaka / / Sonic Titan - "John, I'm Only Dancing"
Both tracks are from the excellent (and free!) Paper Bag Records 10th Anniversary Ziggy Stardust covers album, Paper Bag Records Vs. David Bowie.
Tweet at me, bro:
Nate mails scorpions to local artists at @lentilstew
Danny posts pictures of his weekly comic haul at @djeljosevic
Andrew Tan has been defeated by pizza at @TandrewTan
As always, leave a comment and let us know what we're doing right! Or email us. That works, too.