Comics You Can Dance To #6: Brandon Seifert and the Christmas of CrimeA column article, Comics You Can Dance To by: Danny Djeljosevic, Nathaniel MacDonald
Comics You Can Dance To is Comics Bulletin's official podcast!
Hosted by Nathaniel MacDonald and Danny Djeljosevic (that's me) and supported by various jokers and guests, Comics You Can Dance To is devoted to discussing cool comics, pop culture nonsense and hopefully introducing you to some awesome music along the way.
This week, we're talking to Brandon Seifert, writer of Image Comics and Skybound's awesome Witch Doctor! Both Nate and I are big fans of Witch Doctor, which is about a supernatural doctor who handles monsters and other ghostly ailments from a medical angle, so we nerded out a little bit during our talk. It was fun talking to Seifert about his method and the origins of the concept. He even teased next year's Volume 2 a little bit!
The first trade paperback volume of Witch Doctor, Under the Knife comes out December 14, 2011. Which means it's out now! Go get it, it's a lot of fun. Lukas Ketner draws Witch Doctor, and draws it well.
Later this month (December 28, to be precise) you can pick up an all-new one-shot, Witch Doctor: The Resuscitation. It's gonna be awesome.
Also, Nate and I riff about Christmas comics.
As always, Rafael Gaitan and Matthew Z. Rios stop in for our weekly comic book roundtable. Jokes are made! Comics are discussed! Tangents are gone on! Nate wears my Thor helmet and brandishes my foam Mjolnir! I am an overgrown child!
Listen at the player thingie below, or click here to download.
Also! We are now on iTunes! Go subscribe and leave us a review!
...I don't know yet! Maybe a short hostful episode. It's nearing Christmas time and I'm going on vacation. But do stay tuned, friends -- we'll have a special Christmas gift for you! In podcast form, obv.
Jump to 0:13:50 for our interview with Brandon Seifert!
Jump to 0:44:00 for the weekly comics roundtable!
Jump to 1:08:36 for this episode's featured song!
Here are the comics we talked about!
Click on some of the cover images to check out the official Comics Bulletin reviews!
Here's the playlist for this episode!
Music for Comics You Can Dance To is curated by Notable Beast. Click on the links to check out the artists and/or full versions of the songs. The theme song is usually "Chnam oun Dop-Pram Muy (I'm 16)" by Ros Sereysothea,
As for the rest…
- Kid Creole and the Coconuts - "He's Not Such a Bad Guy (After All) (12" Version)"
- Frank (Just Frank) - "Le Son du Trottoir"
- Featured song: P-Tek ft. Dessa - "This Bridge is Burning for You"
Find Out More About Out Guests!
- Follow Brandon Seifert on Twitter at @BrandonTSeifert
- Get updates on Witch Doctor at @WitchDoctrComic
- Check out the official Witch Doctor website!
Here's how you find us on the Internet! (Besides on CB, of course)
- Nate sends Twittering transmissions into the Internet's word-hole at @lentilstew
- Danny talks smack about the low-points of Doctor Who Season 4 at @djeljosevic and puts his comics up at djeljosevic.tumblr.com
- Matt publicly begs at on-the-bubble television shows at @tikisideburns
- Rafael keeps the public updated about rapping music and Donald Westlake novels at @bearsurprise
- Andrew Tan edited the podcast and shares only the best Scott Stapp anecdoes at @TandrewTan
As always, leave a comment and let us know what we're doing right! Or email us. That works, too.